School Rules and Regulations
- Exhibit good values- positive attitude, hardworking, caring, loyalty, teamwork and integrity.
- Be courteous and well-mannered at all times.
- Greet all teachers, non-teaching staff (e.g. officers in the general office, school attendants) and visitors.
- Observe orderliness and self-discipline at all times.
- Move in a quiet and orderly manner when moving along corridors and staircases.
- Keep the school environment and the classrooms clean at all times.
Attendance and Punctuality
- Daily attendance is COMPULSORY. Truancy will be dealt with severely.
- Absenteeism must be covered by either a medical certificate from a doctor or a letter from parents.
- Punctuality is expected for school and all school-organised activities. Disciplinary action will be taken against latecomers for school.
Late for school:Arrival after 7.40 a.m.(Students are expected to assemble in the hall/parade square by 7.30 a.m.)FOUR times late: Warning letter to be sent out.SIX times late: Parents to meet School Leaders with the student.SEVEN times late: Offence to be recorded and conduct grades will be affected
Leaving School during School Hours
- Students are not allowed to leave the school during school hours unless accompanied by their parents.
- Parents are to sign out with the office staff when taking their child/children home. However, if the child is unwell, the parent should take the unwell child to see a doctor instead of taking him/her home directly from school.
- Be ready for the Assembly & Flag Raising Ceremony at 7.30 a.m.
- Students who are Singapore citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the Pledge. Students will take the pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Latecomers, as well as parents/visitors who are in the school premises, should stand at attention during the singing of the National Anthem and the taking of the Pledge.
- All students who are having remedial/enrichment in the afternoon are strongly encouraged to take their lunch in the school canteen. Students who need to go home for lunch are expected to inform their teachers.
- Students are allowed to bring their mobile phones to school only upon approval by the school. These students are to switch off their mobile phones at all times in school and to switch on their mobile phones to use only outside the general office and the security guard post. Phones will be confiscated if students do not comply with the rule.
- Students are not allowed to bring any unauthorised electronic devices to school.
- During examination, students are not allowed to bring their bags, books, papers, mobile phones, computerized wrist watches or other unauthorised personal belongings (e.g. MP3 player, digital camera) into the examination room.
- Students are to stand up and greet the teacher/visitor when the teacher/visitor enters or leaves the class.
- Students who are late or absent for a lesson without a valid reason will face disciplinary action.
- No student is to remain in the classroom during recess.
- No food and/or drink is to be consumed in the classroom, except during snack breaks.
- No student is to leave the classroom without permission of the teacher and without the “Class Leave Pass”
- Students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and modification to the uniform is
- School tie must be worn every Monday.
- The school uniform must be worn in school and at all school activities/functions.
- Students must wear their school PE attire for PE, games and other CCAs.
- Students are allowed to wear their PE attire to school on their PE days except on
- Students are not allowed to wear their uniform to any shopping malls (e.g. Rivervale
Mall, CompassPoint) unless accompanied by their parents.
- Students are allowed to be in their PE or CCA attire every Friday.
School Uniform - Boy
PE Attire - Boy
School Uniform - Girl
PE Attire - Girl
- No valuables are to be brought to school.
- All confiscated jewellery will be handed to the school for safekeeping. Parents should claim them at the end of the year from the school.
- Girls may wear plain gold, silver or light coloured ear studs or earrings. Earrings and multiple ear studs are strictly not allowed in school.
- Boys are not allowed to have their ears pierced or wear earrings/ear studs.
- All religious ornaments (pendants, bracelets, etc), if worn, should not be visible to the others.
- Students should be neat and tidy at all times.
- Spectacles should be plain and non-fanciful.
- Nails must be kept short and clean. Nail polish is not allowed.
- Hair must be neat and tidy at all time. Trendy or fanciful hairstyles are not allowed.
- Gel, mousse, fanciful styling and/or tinting of hair are not allowed.
- Girls’ hair must be above base of collar or neatly tied up.
- The fringe must be neat and above the eyebrows.
- Only plain dark blue or black ribbons, rubber bands and hair clips should be used by girls on their heads.
- Boys’ hair should be short and neat.
- Boys must be in neat appearance, clean shaven and no facial hair is allowed.
Boy Hairstyle - Front View
Boy Hairstyle - Side View
Girl Hairstyle (Short) - Front View
Girl Hairstyle (Short) - Side View
Girl Hairstyle Plaits (Long) - Front View
Girl Hairstyle Plaits (Long) - Side View
Girl Hairstyle Ponytail (Long) - Front View
Girl Hairstyle Ponytail (Long) - Side View
- Students must bring a clean working thermometer to school daily.
- Students who are unwell should not come to school. They should see a doctor and
rest at home.
- Students are advised to maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times.
- Students who travel overseas are to avoid crowded places and maintain high standards
or personal hygiene.
- Students who develop flu-like symptoms after a trip overseas are to refrain from
coming to school until they have recovered.
- Students crossing Rivervale Drive in front of the school must do so at the traffic –light
controlled pedestrian crossing.
- Students crossing the zebra crossing or the traffic-light controlled pedestrian crossing must raise their right hand to alert oncoming vehicles.
- Parents transporting their children to school in their own vehicles are to let their
children alight at the back gate of the school, including on rainy days.
- No student is allowed to eat and/or drink in the canteen except during recess and lunch
time. They may drink immediately after PE lessons upon permission granted by their
- Students have to finish consuming their food upon the first bell.
- Used crockery/bottles must be returned to the respective stalls or put into the
- Wrappers and empty cartons must be thrown into litter bins.
- Students must assemble in the hall immediately after recess and before proceeding to
- All parents/visitors must seek permission from the office before proceeding to any
part of the school premises.
- Parents or guardians who wish to take their children out of the school are to obtain permission from the office.
School/Supplementary Fees: GIRO Scheme
- The school is in the GIRO Scheme. Parents are to pay their children’s fees through GIRO.
- Deductions are made on 26th of each month from February to December. If the 26th
falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holidays, deductions will be made on the next
- Parents are to ensure that there is sufficient fund in their bank account on the fees
deduction dates. The school has to be informed of any changes or closure of
|Primary 1 – Primary 6:
||7.40 a.m. – 1.50 p.m.
|Primary 1 – Primary 2
||9.45 a.m. – 10.20 a.m.
|Primary 3 – Primary 4:
||10.45 a.m. – 11.20 a.m.
|Primary 5 – Primary 6:||10.15 a.m. – 10.50 a.m.|