Media Resource Library
To inspire and develop Riverlites to be life-long readers, imaginative thinkers and responsible users of information and technology
Readers for Life
Whole-school Approach R.E.A.D. programme – All Riverlites are given recommended titles to read, promoting self-directed learning of reading and comprehension skills. A reading E-portfolio will be given to the parents of each Riverlite to communicate the number of books each child has read with the class.
Bookdate@Rivervale - A variety of activities such as student storytelling, craft sessions related to book titles and watching video clips of professional storytellers to help develop pupils' listening, speaking and reading skills.
- Talk by Local Writers and NLB librarians
- Submission and Display of Book Reviews by Riverlites in the library
- Recommendation of Books by Student Librarians – Building of confidence and class presentation skills among student librarians
Colourful shelves and carpeted floor to provide an inviting atmosphere for self-reading
Self-directed learning in the library
Litpro Reading System
Info for students/parents
You can check the titles of books available in the school library and your borrowing records at http://rivervalepri.spydus.com.sg.
Information for Students
· May borrow a maximum of 4 books (English & Mother Tongue)
· May borrow the books for 14 days (including weekends)
· Use EZ-link card to borrow books
· Not allowed to borrow if there is any overdue book
· Replace a lost item with either a similar title or a book of similar value
Library Borrowing Hours
Monday to Friday from 8.15 am to 4.45 pm